Via Capital was established with the buy-out of much of the Specialised Finance business of Imperial Bank Limited by a combination of management and empowerment interests. A majority of Via Capital’s share capital is held by its empowerment partners.
Via Capital’s management team has developed a reputation for product innovation, bridging the relative complexity of sophisticated financing products with the particular business requirements of operators in the transport sector.
Key features of the Via Capital business model include:
- A niche market focus - Via Capital focuses primarily on the transport sector and related activities;
- An integrated approach - Via Capital integrates the full spectrum of merchant banking trading and advisory products onto a single niche market delivery platform;
- Product innovation - Many of Via Capital’s products have been customised to create efficiencies around transactions specific to the transport industry;
- Independence - Via Capital is not affiliated to any single banking or transport industry group;
- Empowerment - Via Capital embraces the importance of aligning enterprise development and profit distribution to uplift previously disadvantaged groups.
- Proven capability - The continuity offered by the buy-out ensures that the same innovation, creativity, industry knowledge and reliable transaction execution.